- May 11, 2020: Our next work "Bi is the new B" is on ChemRxiv.
- May 11, 2020: Our invited manuscript on P2N3-Bi and PNP-Bi pincer ligands is out in Dalton Transactions
- Mar 19, 2020: Lab is shut down due to the COVID-19 pandemic
- Feb 2020: Undergraduates Toren Hynes, Sam Jee, and Josh MacMillan picked up a whole range of departmental awards for academics and research!
- Feb 2020: Our latest work is the synthesis of neutral Bi-Sb bonded compounds - check out the Publications page.
We are a group that started at Dalhousie University in beautiful Halifax, Nova Scotia in July 2018. We tailor inorganic compounds for fundamentally interesting and useful chemistry.
Using the principles of coordination chemistry and our synthetic expertise, we aim to rationally design and study heavy main group element-containing molecules along three themes:
- Orbital engineering at main group centres
- Lewis acids and weakly-coordinating anions
- Inorganic polymers and clusters
Students in our group gain a broad synthetic training in inorganic and organometallic chemistry, spectroscopy, crystallography, and computational chemistry. More details can be found on the Research page. Please get in touch if you are interested in any of these topics and would like to discuss further.